right now, just bits and pieces

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

crossroads

this past year has been very interesting in the workplace. a lot of experience has been gained by simply observing, both students and faculty. i have witnessed many ill-advised techniques, most of the time with the person using the technique meaning well. more information, more opportunities.

currently i am at a full time sub position and will be here until the school year ends in a few weeks. i have decided to switch this blog up a little bit and post some of my own writing. it's nothing extraordinary, but i like typing and have been really trying to find a reason to use this space more, so why not.

most of the posts will be copied from a notebook i write in and i am not going to title anything. some posts will include the date it was written orginally, some won't.


riding my bike home from crocker farm, the black was black and the road was near invisible. the air felt amazingly clean and fresh and a touch of chill made its way under my shirt. as i rode along, taking my hands off the bar, the night drove me on, never rushing, but driving home a brisk pace. hands open, arms outstretched, mouth wide, eyes fixed above, attempting to take in all of the night sky. big dipper, orion, the only two i know, big dipper the only one i spot. branches whiz by overhead, obstructing my view, adding to my secludedness, my perfect. mouth still wide open as the corners slowly creep their way up to my cheek bones, creating a wild smile. words don't, won't come as a joyful exhale turns into a roaring yolp, becoming a part of the night. my eyes once again look skyward, underwhelming me with simplicity, yet astounding me with a clarity so often sought. found on middle street; clarity. call if you would like it returned. reward will be expected.


pedal, pedal moving forward,
as if the day will propel itself.
fixed gears, fixed brains, broken
but forever moving.
lopsided arrows still find targets, just
those unexpected bullseyes.
chain connects two pieces, distance
adjusted to match.
not too close, not too far.
room to breath with room to grow.

0 comments: